Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (19)

Hi!
Stay tuned for news on summer reading, and a challenge I'm participating in!!

WoW is hosted by Breaking the Spine!

This week's pick is:
The Revenant by Sonia Gensler
June 14, 2011

When Willie arrives in Indian Territory, she knows only one thing: no one can find out who she really is. To escape a home she doesn't belong in anymore, she assumes the name of a former classmate and accepts a teaching job at the Cherokee Female Seminary.


Nothing prepares her for what she finds there. Her pupils are the daughters of the Cherokee elite—educated and more wealthy than she, and the school is cloaked in mystery. A student drowned in the river last year, and the girls whisper that she was killed by a jealous lover. Willie's room is the very room the dead girl slept in. The students say her spirit haunts it.

Willie doesn't believe in ghosts, but when strange things start happening at the school, she isn't sure anymore. She's also not sure what to make of a boy from the nearby boys' school who has taken an interest in her—his past is cloaked in secrets. Soon, even she has to admit that the revenant may be trying to tell her something. . . .

I don't know what it is, but this book just looks amazing! I can't wait for it, and it comes out very, very soon! I love mysteries and ghost stories!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

i love me a ghost story so im in!! Sounds awesome!! :)

Michelle Santiago said...

i love the cover and i love ghost stories as well. i'm adding this one to my wishlist. great pick :)

Check out our WoW.

-Michelle

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Ooh interesting cover! And I love ghost stories as well! Funny that I can handle them in books, but for horror movies I'm kind of a chicken! Like some, but not a whole lot. Of course these days horror movies are too gory!

Here's my WoW

Old Follower
Jessica@a GREAT read

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater