Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (20)

Hi!
Happy Wednesday!

WoW is hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine!

This week's pick is:
The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
September 20, 2011

The day Louisiana teenager Rory Deveaux arrives in London marks a memorable occasion. For Rory, it's the start of a new life at a London boarding school. But for many, this will be remembered as the day a series of brutal murders broke out across the city, gruesome crimes mimicking the horrific Jack the Ripper events of more than a century ago.


Soon "Rippermania" takes hold of modern-day London, and the police are left with few leads and no witnesses. Except one. Rory spotted the man police believe to be the prime suspect. But she is the only one who saw him. Even her roommate, who was walking with her at the time, didn't notice the mysterious man. So why can only Rory see him? And more urgently, why has Rory become his next target? In this edge-of-your-seat thriller, full of suspense, humor, and romance, Rory will learn the truth about the secret ghost police of London and discover her own shocking abilities.

Wow! This looks amazing! Secret Ghost Police? That sounds like it's right up my alley! And Johnson writes really funny books! I can't wait.

6 comments:

Elodie said...

I can't wait for this one to be released ! ! I really liked Maureen's book 13 Little Blue Envelopes and I'm very interested in this one because it seems very different from her other books .. =)

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

This one looked interesting! Might have to read it as well!

Here's my WoW

Old Follower
Jess@a GREAT read

Mary @ BookSwarm said...

LOL! I featured the same one! Love Maureen Johnson.
Mary @ Book Swarm

Lea Christine said...

Wow, so it seems like a lot of people have this for their pick this week-- it is mine too! :) I am definitely looking forward to reading this one, it sounds great :D

~Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

Jillian said...

This sounds super interesting. I'll be looking out for this one too.

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

I'm really excited for this one too! I was always fascinated by the Jack the Ripper mystery, and I've heard great things about Maureen Johnson!

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater