Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder

Title: The Day Before
Author: Lisa Schroeder
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Publication Date: June 28, 2011
Source: Simon and Schuster Galley Grab

Summary: Amber’s life is spinning out of control. All she wants is to turn up the volume on her iPod until all of the demands of family and friends fade away. So she sneaks off to the beach to spend a day by herself.

Then Amber meets Cade. Their attraction is instant, and Amber can tell he’s also looking for an escape. Together they decide to share a perfect day: no pasts, no fears, no regrets.

The more time that Amber spends with Cade, the more she’s drawn to him. And the more she’s troubled by his darkness. Because Cade’s not just living in the now—he’s living each moment like it’s his last.

Review: Wow. Wow, wow, wow! That was the only thought in my mind as I finished The Day Before and it is still in my head as I write this review!

The only reason I picked this up from galley grab was that it had a pretty cover. I really didn't know what it was about or how it would touch me. It think it's safe to say that you can judge this book by its cover. What's on the inside is even better than the outside.

Like I said in the previous paragraph, I was absolutely touched. I felt for these characters and I loved them. The whole book was just really emotional and wonderful. I teared up so many times. It was so beautiful that words can't even describe it.

I'm not a fan of verse. I seriously stay away from books with verse because I just don't like them. But I think The Day Before changed my mind about it. Because now I'm a big fan of Schroeder's verse. It was just elegant and gah there really is no way for me to describe it. You'll just have to read it yourself.

And I loved the characters in this. They made me care about them. They made me feel for them. They were such good people. And the day that Amber and Cade shared is one that I want to revisit again and again. So priceless.

If I had more time I go re-read this. But I think I'll pick up a copy sometime soon so I can have this beautiful book on my over-flowing shelf. Go read it for yourself and I can almost guarantee you that you might just might have a new favorite.

Rating:

2 comments:

Raimy from Readaraptor Hatchling said...

I totally agree, it was so so beautiful and definitely another that I am going to have to buy (I got the galley too)

Christy @ TheReaderBee said...

So glad you enjoyed this as well! It was a really good read. I am looking forward to reading more of Lisa's work! Awesome review, thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater