Tuesday, May 31, 2011

She's So Dead to Us by Kieran Scott

Title: She's So Dead To Us
Author: Kieran Scott
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Publication Date: May 25, 2010
Source: Bought

Summary: When having money is all that matters, what happens when you lose it all?

Perfect, picturesque Orchard Hill. It was the last thing Ally Ryan saw in the rear-view mirror as her mother drove them out of town and away from the shame of the scandal her father caused when his hedge fund went south and practically bankrupted all their friends -- friends that liked having trust funds and new cars, and that didn't like constant reminders that they had been swindled. So it was adios, Orchard Hill. Thanks for nothing.

Now, two years later, Ally's mother has landed a job back at the site of their downfall. So instead of Ally's new low-key, happy life, it'll be back into the snake pit with the likes of Shannen Moore and Hammond Ross.

But then there's Jake Graydon. Handsome, wealthy, bored Jake Graydon. He moved to town after Ally left and knows nothing of her scandal, but does know that he likes her. And she likes him. So off into the sunset they can go, right? Too bad Jake's friends have a problem with his new crush since it would make Ally happy. And if anyone deserves to be unhappy, it's Ally Ryan.

Ally was hoping to have left all the drama in the past, but some things just can't be forgotten. Isn't there more to life than money?

Review: WOW! This book absolutely blew me away. I never expected this to be so, so good. Trust me, this is something you don't want to miss!

Ally. She deserves another WOW! There she just got one. She wasn't intimidated by anyone, she had a backbone! Does anyone know how exciting this is? A backbone!! Yeah, to me this is the cream of the crop. (Cream of the Crop Denim Shop?? Anyone?) Yes, she's all strong, but she was still somewhat vulnerable, and I LOVED that.

You know who is extremely hot? Jake Graydon, the amazing boy in this book. He is such a player, but oh so faithful to Ally. Their somewhat relationship is amazing. I loved it. I loved it. I'd capitalize that, but then you'd think I use to many capitals, so I'll just bold it!

And normally I not into too much drama, but this is lovable drama. This isn't some light and fluffy read. It deals with real stuff. There's another reason I love this book so much. Maybe too much!

And that ending! I did not expect it to be that great. I never saw it coming, maybe I'm stupid but it was just amazing. Good thing I have the other book!

I could babble on and on about how amazing the cast of characters are, or how mean some are. But I want you to read this book! Because I definitely enjoyed it, and you just might too!

Rating:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater