Thursday, May 12, 2011

The Lipstick Laws by Amy Holder

Title: The Lipstick Laws
Author: Amy Holder
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Publication Date: April 4, 2011
Source: Thanks NetGalley and Houghton Mifflin!

Summary: At Penford High School, Britney Taylor is the queen bee. She dates whomever she likes, rules over her inner circle of friends like Genghis Khan, and can ruin anyone's life with a snap of perfectly manicured fingers. Just ask the unfortunate few who have crossed her.   For April Bowers, Britney is also the answer to her prayers. April is so unpopular, kids don't even know she exists. But one lunch spent at Britney's table, and April is basking in the glow of popularity.  But Britney's friendship comes with a high price tag. How much is April willing to pay?

Review: Before I start talking about the actual book, I just want to say how beautiful but scary the cover of this book is! I love it, but those lips are just so big...

The Lipstick Laws has some serious mean girls in it. I've heard it is actually like Mean Girls but I don't know, but I'm sure it is. But the girls' meanness was believable though and it was one of the things I liked best about this book. I could see where they "found" it and what caused them to act in the horrible ways they did. One of them was revenge.

April was a good main character, I understood why she wanted to get revenge on The Lipstick Law group but that didn't mean it was right. I'm so glad she finally realized it though. The friends she made when she broke The Lipstick Laws were great, and I loved reading about them.

Britney. The meanest girl I have ever read about. Seriously. Some of the things she did were awful. You would not want to get that girl mad. And all her little cronies, eek! They were scary.

I laughed out loud many time during the book. Because some of the things the girls did to each other, were just really funny. And then there were many other hilarious parts too!

A hilarious read, but with some underlying messages. All in all a really good read!

Rating:

2 comments:

Elodie said...

I look forward to read this book !! Thanks for the review ;)

Mrs. Bradley said...

DO you still have your copy? My teenage daughter got an advanced reading copy and it is missing pages 142-175.
She is distraught. If you can help please let me know.

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater