Thursday, September 30, 2010

Death by Bikini

Hi!
Just in case you forgot, the Spooky reading Challenge started tomorrow!! I am so excited! And on October 14, Linda Gerber's new book Trance, which I just might do for a Spotlight Monday next week, is coming out and I am super excited for it! In honor of that, I decided that I would review all of her Death by . . . books! They are amazing, let me tell you that!

Title: Death by Bikini

Author: Linda Gerber

Rating: 5 stars

Review: Aphra Behn Connolly, lives on a tropical island, that would be paradise, if only her mom was there and if there were more kids her age. Aphra's mom, a government agent, mysteriously left Aphra and her dad a few years ago. Now Aphra is stuck on an island with no kids her age and is extremely bored. So when a family comes that has a son Aphra's age, you can imagine she is happy, but what she didn't expect was a murder on the same day. Now it is up to Aphra to figure out who she can trust and who she can't.
I fell in love with Death by Bikini at first sight, the summary sounded awesome and I thought the cover was extremely cool! And then when I started reading it, I fell in love again! You might be wondering why I love it so much, so I will tell you.

Aphra was a great funny character, who was incredibly fun to read about and listen to her thoughts. She has an excellent voice. I also really liked Aphra's friend Seth, who was just right for Aphra, he was extremely brave and wanted to keep Aphra safe when danger cam about. Which happened a ton.
I also enjoyed Gerber's style of writing, it was great and it made me want to keep reading.
The plot was great, I won't tell you much about it because I don't want to spoil it. All I can tell you is that a girl is found strangled, by her Bikini strings! Isn't that really a unique?! So take my word for it, because Death by Bikini was awesome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater