Sunday, September 19, 2010

Wicked Girls

Hi and Happy Sunday!
Be aware that there are some spoilers later in the post I warn you later in it but scroll at your own risk

Title: Wicked Girls: A Novel of the Salem Witch Trials
Author: Stephanie Hemphill
Rating: 3 stars

Review: Wicked Girls is a fictional accountant of 3 of the accusers during the Salem Witch Trials. Ann Putnam Jr. Is 12 and is the starter of all the madness of the Witch Trials. Mercy Lewis is a servant for Ann's Family and joins the group of the accusers just to stay safe and feel that she belongs. The last accuser's thoughts that are featured is Margret Walcott, who is Ann's cousin. Together with a couple of the other girls from Salem Village the girls start accusing person after person of witchcraft. But will it ever stop?
Wicked girls was in fact a very wicked story. All of the characters were terribly wicked (if you excuse my saying so). But if I had to pick a favorite character it would probably be Elizabeth and Mercy. To me they were the most likable of the characters. In fact, Elizabeth didn't even want to be apart of the trials. Mercy while bad, made me feel incredibly sorry for her. The novel was told in free verse which I actually started to like after a little while. One thing that sort of annoyed me though was how it kept switching between the main characters so fast. Now a little bit on the story. In this book the author gives what I guess she thinks happened at the horrific event of the Salem Witch Trials. If don't want to know what happens, don't read any further.





The girls pretend that they are afflicted and pretend that they see witches! And they even think that they are killing all the devils beings. I mean, come on! They are killing innocent people just because they have done something wrong in their life. And some haven't really done anything at all! Some of the girls though after awhile did start feeling bad and wanted to get out of it. But not ole little Ann Putnam Jr. she is a little devil. I mean I guess on the story they did it just for attention and to be paid actual attention to but still you think you could have found a way to do that differently. I really like the end of the book where the author actually tells you what happened to the girls and all the other characters! This review is coming a little too long so I will stop now!
Have a great day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater