Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Magic Under Glass

Hi and Happy Tuesday!
I got comments the other day on my first In my Mailbox and it almost made me cry I was so stinking happy. I know that makes me sound like a big ole sap, but still it made me extremely happy, so if you were one of the people to comment on my post just know you made my day!

Title: Magic Under Glass
Author: Jaclyn Dolamore
Rating: 5 stars
Review: Nimira is a poor girl, that makes pennies for a living, working as a trouser girl in the mythical land of Lorianar. But when the oppertunity if a lifetime comes to Nimira she snatches it up right away. Hollin Parry, a famous socerer has asked Nim to come and sing with his automan. A creature who looks exactly like a man but is made of metal gears on the inside that help him play the piano. Nimira has heard many rumors about this particular automan, for it is said that he is haunted. But when Nimira discovers the secret of Hollin Parry and of the automan, she finds herself in a great lot of danger.
Magic Under Glass was a short, light read that was extremely enjoyable. I loved the idea of the story, a girl going and signing with an automan and then discovering some life threatening secrets. The story was full of twists and turns, while some were predictable some weren't. The story reminds me a little bit of the movie Jane Eyre. Because of the wife and the tower. But in this story the main character doesn't fall in live with her employer.
Nimira was a delightful character who I wholly enjoyed reading about. She had a good voice for the story. I especially like how she was so strong and could take care of herself.
Hollin was the type of character who I wasn't sure that I could trust or not. One of my favorite characters was Linza, the maid. She was really funny and I loved reading about her!
The mythical land that Nimira lived it was a great! When does the sequel come out?????!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater