Tuesday, October 12, 2010

To Catch a Pirate

Hi!
My cold is still going good and strong but I think it will pass in the next few days! Today I am reviewing a book that I loved and should have reviewed long ago!

Title: To Catch a Pirate

Author: Jade Parker

Rating: 5 stars

Review: Annalisa Townsend's father's ship was robbed by pirates one year ago. Anna was on board during the time and one of the pirate's stole something very, very valuable from her. . .a kiss. Now Anna's father is in jail since he ship was very important to the king and she is very determined to find this nasty pirate who was the cause of her father's demise. So what would a strong young woman do? She would but a ship, forge a letter of marque to look for the pirate and then catch him. But when Anna tries to do all that, she gets much more than she bargained for.

To Catch a Pirate was a great, fun read that I loved!

When we meet Anna on the ship you immediately love her and I did. She was a headstrong, extremely brave and was good with a knife. She was one of the best characters and I think it would be cool if she was actually alive. Don't we all wish that characters from books were alive?. . .especially the boys!
The pirate, James Sterling was great too and I think he and Anna were a great match, even though neither really wanted to admit that!

The plot was good and full of action and adventure and the characters really spiced things up a lot. I mean who wouldn't love a book that had pirates and was historical fiction!!? I love books like this one!

I especially liked the ending and I thought it was a perfect ending to the story! I wish there was a sequel but sadly I don't think there will ever be! Also Jade Parker is a pen name, I think that authors real name is Rachael Hawthorne! Go check it out and on the way pick up this book!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater