Saturday, October 2, 2010

Death by Demin

Hi!
Sorry but this post is coming out a little bit late! I was busy all day! Today is the Second day of the Challenge and I am super excited! :-) I also joined the Story Siren's 2010 Debut Author Challenge, in case you didn't realize! And now here is my review for Death by Denim!

Title: Death by Denim

Author: Linda Gerber

Rating: 5 stars

Review: Aphra Connolly is being chased again. Except now she is hiding out in Paris with her mom. But while Aphra's mom is trying to teach her tricks on how to stay alive and most importantly keep out of trouble. Aphra isn't too interested in that though, all she can think about is Seth and how much she wished that she knew where he was. But sooner, instead if later Aphra's moms tricks seem very handy when Aphra and Natalie discover a contact floating in a river with denim gags and binds. Now once Aphra is in danger again, she decides to leave and try and go find Seth, to see if he can help. Only Aphra's mom doesn't know and when Aphra finds herself in even more danger, she AND Seth have no where to run.

I love this series so much! It is filled with excitement, danger, action, hot boys and a whole lot of mystery! And all of that makes it an awesome book.

Aphra and Seth were extremely swoon worthy (well at least Seth was) in this book and there were a few intense scenes between the two of them but nothing bad. Aphra was quite gutsy in this one she left without telling her mom, even though we could sort of expect that from Aphra. I am pretty sure I wouldn't have the guts to go look for some boyfriend of mind but then again I am pretty sure Aphra is all grown up and thanks to her mom can take care if herself by now. Still I found myself worrying for her and Seth because they get themselves into more than a few scrapes.

I extremely like how everything was all wrapped up nicely with everything, and since I certainly don't want spoil the book I won't go into too much detail. But I will say that the plot in this one was extremely good and well totally swoon worthy like I said early.

I hope that we will see more of Aphra in the future but I am not so sure of that at this moment. So my final words are enjoy this excellent series while you can.

Sorry if that last line was a little too remorseful but I wish Linda Gerber would write more books about Aphra!! Oh well she does have a new book called Trance coming out that sounds absolutely spectacular, and I already have it pre-ordered!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater