Sunday, October 10, 2010

Splendor

Hi!
It is 10/10/10! How exciting is that! It is the perfect day to review Splendor and I think that is what I will do! I tried hard to write a summary for this book but I failed! This will contain spoilers! Though I will try to keep it pretty mild!

Splendor (Luxe, #4)Title: Splendor

Author: Anna Godbersen

Rating: 5 stars

Review: 
New beginnings.
Shocking revelations.
Unexpected endings.
A spring turns into summer, Elizabeth relishes her new role as a young wife, while her sister, Diana, searches for adventure abroad. But when a surprising clue about their father's death comes to light, the Holland girls wonder at what cost a life of splendor comes.

Carolina Broad, society's newest darling, fans a flame from her past, oblivious to how it might burn her future. Penelope Schoonmaker is finally Manhattan royalty—but when a real prince visits the city, she covets a title that comes with a crown. Her husband, Henry, bravely went to war, only to discover that his father's rule extends well beyond New York's shores and that fighting for love may prove a losing battle.

In the dramatic conclusion to the bestselling Luxe series, New York's most dazzling socialites chase dreams, cling to promises, and tempt fate. As society watches what will become of the city's oldest families and newest fortunes, one question remains: Will its stars fade away or will they shine ever brighter?

This is a great book but I hated how the book ended!

The characters were great in this book and I feel that since you already know how I feel about the characters I won't go into to much detail on them. They were nicely developed and such.

I loved the twist with Elizabeth and her husband Snowden! It was good to know that bad characters get put into the grave. What do I mean by this? Read the book! In my opinion Elizabeth was the only one that had a happy ending. I loved it!

Diana had an alright ending but I didn't like how she never came back home after traveling to Paris and carried on various affairs in her life.

Henry and Penelope made me so angry! WHY didn't Henry go after Diana! All he could do it seems is send her letters and eventually those stopped too! And why did Henry and Penelope even stay together! They hate each other!

Carolina had a so so ending but I would have liked to seen her happily married instead of heartbroken!

Overall this was an OK ending to the series but I loved it anyway!

Luxe Week is over! Oh no, well make sure you check out Anna Godbersen's new book and series, Bright Young Things!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater