Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Intrinsical

Hi and Happy Tuesday!

Title: Intrinsical

Author: Lani Woodland

Rating: 5 stars

Review: When Yara Silva arrives at Pendrell Boarding School with her best friend Cherie she sees a handsome student get attacked. Now Yara isn't sure what attacked the student but she has a pretty good idea that it has to do with her heritage. Yara's grandmother is a waker, which means that she can see and communicate with ghosts. Yara isn't exactly looking forward to being a waker so after 16 years when it finally shows up she is not excited. But what she saw attack the student was not at all friendly and now Yara decides to take it upon herself to figure out the curse of her elite boarding school and save herself.

I discovered this book by chance and boy, I am so glad I did.
 Intrinsical starts with a bang and keeps on going all the way to the end. The plot was SO full of twists and turns and new developments that I was constantly kept on my toes. I happened to also be screaming, "OMG, I never saw that coming!" At the beginning though things were a confusing and I had a hard time getting into the book but then I started understanding everything and it was a smooth ride till the very end.

Yara was a great character and I loved her a lot. She was extremely relateable, if you ignore the fact that she can see ghosts. Since I am pretty sure that is not possible. But, hey you never know! Yara could take care of herself and was headstrong. Cherie, her best friend, was a good addition to the book and even though she couldn't see ghosts, that sure didn't stop her. Brent......is yummy.....do I have to say anymore? He was just the perfect, in a flawed way, character and I loved him. There were some pretty villainous characters in this story too!

All in all, I loved this book and I can't wait for a sequel! Which I contacted Lani Woodland about and she said she was working on another book and was planning a sequel to Intrinsical. So we will just have to wait and see!

Um did anyone else notice that the name of the boarding school was the same as the publisher? Maybe I am just being weird but.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater