Friday, October 8, 2010

Rumors!


Hi!
It is Friday! And it is the 2nd day of The Luxe Days! Aren't you excited!? I am! If you haven't read The Luxe Series than I might suggest not read

Title: Rumors

Author: Anna Godbersn

Rating: 4 stars

Review: With everyone questioning what happened to Elizabeth and how she died, Diana is left to fend off all the rumors and take care of her terribly poor family. Meanwhile Penelope is scheming to get Henry Schoonmaker to marry her and blackmail Diana at the same time. Just liked she blackmailed Elizabeth. To add to all the drama Diana is starting to fall in love with Henry even though she knows it is not proper. Even Elizabeth's old maid, Lina Broud, is starting to learn that she can sell gossip and blackmail. And we know one thing now. . .we are back in Manhattan,1899.

I sorta stole that last line from the book well at least the Manhattan,1899 thing but it fit so I used it. I had a hard time figuring out what to say in the summary but I think it turned out so-so.

I didn't like this book as much as I liked the first one, The Luxe. This book took me about 1 month to finish and yes I was reading other books too. I just couldn't get into the book. I personally though the beginning was dry and boring but towards the middle it got better and towards the end it got sadder! I swear I almost cried at the end, it was so sad. And if you read this book you will know what I am talking about!

Diana seemed to really grow up in the book, she was doing new things and trying new things. Elizabeth was back and a lot happier I have to say now that she is living out in the wilderness. Penelope is  totally ick! What kind of sane person blackmails and threatens and forces a man to marry!? Apparently that crazy person is Penelope Hayes! I do have to admit she adds drama to the story. Lina Broud, the maid who quit was a selfish little brat if you don't mind me saying so! Stealing left and right! Ok so she wasn't stealing but she was being bad!

The characters were great, even if I didn't love them! And so was the story after a little while!

Tomorrow: Envy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater