Wednesday, December 1, 2010

NaNoWriMo Wrap-up

Hi!

Today is December 1st, the start of a brand new month, a new start. Don't ask me where that came from, it just came out.

December Is one of the best and worst months of the year. The worst thing about this month is the snow. If you don't live where it snows, lucky you. Don't ever wish for it either. The best things about the month are all the holidays: Christmas, the new year, and Hanukkah. By the way if you celebrate Hanukkah, then Happy Hanukkah because according to my little calendar, it starts at sundown??? Anyways it is a great month, minus the snow, there is winter break which means more time for writing, reading, blogging and what ever else you like. The holidays are the best because you get to give and you spend it with your friends and family. Even getting things is nice too.

So basically I just want to wish you guys a happy December!!

Yesterday, one of the most hyped about YA novels was released, Matched by Ally Condie. Hopefully I will get this for Christmas.

Tomorrow, Anna and the French Kiss comes out by Stephanie Perkins! Very excited about this one, it looks like a cute, sweet read.

It is that time of year to join challenges again! I am already doing the 2011 debut author challenge and the contemps challenge. I still need to join a few more though. I need to join a historical fiction one, but I forget who is is hosted by and I need to join the 350+ reading challenge hosted by What's your story! 350 is pages not books, by the way.

Finally on to NaNoWriMo!! It ended yesterday for starters. If you finished good for you!!  If you didn't, there's always next year! Here is a list if questions I made up, use them is you want too.

You finished, now what are you going to do?
Well first I am going to edit because I would love to get it bound. Next is starting a new story, which has the same characters, but they haven't met yet. So basically I am using the same characters but they don't realize they have already been in a story together!

Was it painful or enjoyable?
Both, very much both. At first it was painful and then it got enjoyable and then it got painful again.

Did this experience help you write better?
Yes it did! I now feel that I am a much better writer.

Did you learn anything?
Yeah, I know what it's like to be a author. HARD!

Did you end up loving your characters it hating them?
I loved all of them and I still do because I am going to use them again!

Describe your NaNoWriMo experience in one word.
Fun........?????
Why did you pick that word?
Because it is a cool word! No, because I really did have fun. I like being pushed and challenged and it made me want to be a writer even more! To actually get a book published.

Do you like having your life back?
Yes, there are no more painful weekends were I force myself to write!

Will you do it again next year though?
Yes!!!!!!!!

Well that's all! Have a great day!!

Fun fact: I write almost everything for my blog on my iPod touch. That's what I am doing right now. I find I concentrate better and the Internet doesn't have to be on for me to write. And usually I write late at night! The only things I don't do are: memes and blog happenings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater