Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan

Hi!
Does anyone like the new look of the blog for the holidays?? Well I do!

Title: Dash and Lily's Book of Dares

Authors: Rachel Cohn and David Levithan

Rating: 4.5 Stars

Review: Dash has eluded his parents and now is an orphan for Christmas. He plans to spend it sitting around doing whatever. That is until he finds a red notebook on one of his favorite bookshelves at the Strand. Inside the book is a list of dares, written by a girl named Lily. Together Lily and Dash communicate using the notebook and send each other places they wouldn't have gone before. But will they ever meet and person and actually like each other? Or is this all a game?

I really enjoyed this book a lot. The writing was fantastic but the characters were just a little too weird!

Dash seemed alright in the beginning but he gradually grew so that I didn't like him very much. He said so many things I didn't quite get, but maybe that's just me. He was very wise though and I liked him anyway, even though I just said I didn't! Let's just say I don't know what to think of this book!

Lily was a little kid from the beginning but I was ok with it until about 3/4 of the way through the book. She just really started to get on my nerves, but I lived with it and continued to be annoyed but I still really liked her. Again, weird feelings!

Some of the dares and situations Dash and Lily got each other into were hilarious and I found myself laughing out loud several times during the book, which was a very good sign!

The most unrealistic thing though was the baby snatching part! I found it hard to believe that you would be arrested for catching a baby.... Well it was funny anyway!

I really liked how both Dash and Lily broke out if their shells while during their own dares. It was great to see them change and mature....I use that word lightly though!

The ending was superb and it was a perfect conclusion to this type of book! I really did enjoy it and I want to read more by these authors in the future! This is was the perfect holiday book that is made to be read in the month of December!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater