Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Whisper by Phoebe Kitanidis

Hi!
Happy Wednesday! I might be MIA for awhile but I will try to get some posts written this morning! Aren't you proud that I finished Whisper?!

Title: Whisper

Author: Phoebe Kitanidis

Rating: 4 stars

Review: Joy hears Whispers all the time from people around her. She hears their wishes, their desires and their fears. Joy tries to make people happy by listening in to their whispers, but by making people happy she makes herself very unhappy. When Joy's sister goes missing, Joy immediately realizes what she's going to have to do to make things right again; with her family and herself.

Whisper was a strong debut that I enjoyed reading. It had paranormal, mystery and some series family issues.

Whisper really made me think about the things I thought in my head, and what if my friends or others could hear them. I'm not mean, but it definitely has me thinking about what I think!

Some of the things Joy's friends whispered were terrible! I hope many people don't call their friends freaks! I mean really if you were friends with someone why would you say that?

Joy was an alright character from the beginning but she did get on my nerves a little. She was so sweet to others but terrible to Icka, her sister. But thankfully she gets much better and mature, finding out what she really wants and needs.

Her mom drove me nuts! But other than that I really like all the other supporting characters. Except her friends, but hopefully they get better. Jamie was such a sweet guy! I really want to see what happens with him and Joy in the future!

The plot while a little slow, finally picked up speed in the middle. It was unpredictable at points and I really enjoyed that. I really like how things played out towards the end and was very satisfied.

I am hoping there is going to be a sequel (I'm pretty sure there is) because I need to know what happens with Joy, Jamie and their powers!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater