Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

Hi!
Happy Tuesday!! Hope y'all are having a great day! Wait did I just say y'all? I must be in a good mood!

Title: Nightshade

Author: Andrea Cremer

Rating: 5 stars

Review: Calla Tor is a Guardian, or as more commonly refered to: a werewolf. She knows exactly what is going to happen with her life when she turns 18 in a matter of weeks. She'll marry Ren, who will be a alpha of their pack and they will fight as warriors together. But then Shay moves to town and shatters Calla's perfectly laid out plans, and presents Calla with questions she never knew she had. About her own little world, who she is, and especially what she wants.

For some reason I just loved this story, you think I'd be sick of paranormal love triangles, but for some messed up reason I'm not. And I am certainly not sick of werewolves.

Andrea Cremer does a great job with all the unique werewolf lore and habits. I enjoyed learning about the packs, how they formed and especially about the people that rule over the Guardians, The Keepers.

All the different characters were great! When we first got to know all the characters, I was a little confused at the flow of characters but soon I grew to like them all. A lot. They made the book all the more fun. Byrn and Ansel were my favorites! Mason and Neville were awesome too, I would say Logan but I didn't like him, it's just so nice to see gay characters in YA.

Now Calla was a good character, a little stereotypical of paranormal books, but not by much. Because I really like her too because she made the book so much better, just like the plot and all the additional characters did.

Now Shay or Ren? I don't know, I really don't but I have a feeling I'm heading a little towards Ren. He's just so awesome and just great, not to mention terribly hot. Shay while an okay dude, just wasn't doing it for me. I get that he's probably good for Calla but still....I like Ren. Well I don't think I'd care too much if she picked either on, but let's just say I'm a little undecided at the time. Hopefully Book Two, Wolfsbane, will clear this up for me!

Overall this was an amazing debut that I loved! Awesome characters and a great story!

Don't even get me started on that beautiful cover!!

Anyone else excited for Wolfsbane??!

2 comments:

Emma said...

I have to say, I am totally Team Ren - Shay just falls so flat for me! He doesn't seem as interesting or caring as Ren. And while I'm all for a strong female lead, I think that her male counterpart needs to be just as strong! Just sayin'... :)

Emma @ girl loves books

-k said...

Ren all the way. And I'm with you on taking a while to get into the characters and their flow in the story. Great review!

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater