Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Thirteenth Chime by Emma Michaels

Hi!
Can you believe the year's almost over? I can't. This year has certainly been great especially  in terms of books. I don't think I'll get to posting my favorites of the year, this year. But on the 1st and 2nd of January they should be up. But the rest of 2010 will be full of reviews! YAY!

Title: The Thirteenth Chime

Author: Emma Michaels

Rating: 5 stars

Review: Destiny planned a fun break with her best friend Stephanie, but her plans are ruined when Stephanie and her Mother are attacked in their house with Destiny watching. Not knowing what to do, Destiny calls her ex-boyfriend, David, to come out and help her solve this weird occurrence. Because Destiny knows this wasn't a normal attack. Together David and Destiny have to figure out what happened in that house, that fateful night without getting hurt themselves.

Two Words: Creepy and Awesome!

I don't know what is was about this book that made me rush through it and made me almost die to know the end, but I really, really loved it!

The mystery is probably what made the book for me, and while the writing was simple I enjoyed that too.

I don't know if I've said this before but there needs to be a lot for mysteries in YA. There are but most are all paranormal. I wouldn't exactly call this book a paranormal but it sure is creepy enough to be one.

The Thirteenth Chime scared me, it was just so creepy and it felt so real. Maybe it's just because I have a Grandfather Clock but I don't know...It was good though!

David and Stephanie were the best characters. I liked that most of the book centered around David, he was just a really sweet guy. Destiny was alright but was really moody and I didn't like what she did to David...Alrighty no spoilers.

This was a great debut that makes me want so much more!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater