Monday, August 16, 2010

New Favorite Book!!!!!

Hi!
Since I probably won't be able to post tomorrow since it is by birthday I am trying to get another review out today but I sadly doubt that will happen. Well I will try to get most of it done anyway!

Title: Raised by Wolves

Author: Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Rating: 5 Stars

Review: 15 year old Bryn has lived with a pack of werewolves since she was 4 years old. When Bryn was 4 her parents were viciously attacked by a rabid werewolf. She was saved by the locol Alpha of the region, Callum, and so Bryn is litterally raised by wolves, hence the title. When Byrn discovers that the pack of werewolves she lives with are keeping secrets from her she decides to go exploring. Bryn sneaks away to Callum's house where she finds Chase, a newly turned were who was bitten. Humans never, with one or two acceptions, turn into werewolves (plus it is illegal to hunt humans.) But apparently Chase has and Bryn is determinated to get to the bottom of the mystery. Will Bryn be able to unfold all the secrets the pack has been keeping from her and manage to figure out her own mysteries?

4 little words: I absouletely loved it! Which to me is quite surprising because who would have ever thought that a werewolf book would become a favorite book of mine? Favorite books are like the best of the best, and that is exactly what this is.

Bryn is one of the most amazing main characters that I have ever read. She was totally kick-butt and is totally rebellious, not that, that is entirely good, but still. I also loved Bryn's best friend Devon, he was quite hilarious werewolf and always quoting from some play or movie, he was a great character. I also loved her other best friend Lake, another were, who was totally strong and fast and well she loves weapons and can always defend herself, which is a little weird considering she is a werewolf and doesn't need weapons, but neverless I loved her. Chase was a great, struggling werewolf trying to control himself. Chase and Bryn together were just great.

Well, I guess you could say that I loved almost everything about this book and I did. A must read!

Wow, still can't believe that a werewolf book is one of my favorites but it totally enhances this idea that I have and I figure that it is true. My idea is that it really doesn't matter if you don't like werewolves, for example, but you pick up a book containting them and it happens to be a good book.  The most important things to me are the plot and the characters and the way the book was written. So what I am trying to say is don't judge a book by its genre. Do you understand what I am saying? Let's just say that even if the book is about something you hate reading about it could be amazing.


Well this post is going out before my birthday! Have a great day!

1 comments:

Rita Renne said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (: Well, LATE birthday. I haven't read this book, and I used to not be that in to werewolves, but after 'The Dark Divine', I want to read more! This sounds like a good place to start.

I have been looking for a book that doesn't have a weak female character. Most of the books I have read have that, and it annoys me. Women are more powerful that that. (:

Thank you for this! It makes me excited!

~Brianna

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater