Friday, November 12, 2010

Bright Young Things!

Hi!
Doesn't everyone absouletely love The Luxe? Well I do and Anna Godbersen's new book, is even better than what I had expected! It's better than The Luxe and that is high praise!

Title: Bright Young Things

Author: Anna Godbersen

Rating: 5 stars

Review: Cordelia Grey and Letty Larkspur are new to the big city. New York City that is. They have Traveled from Ohio to make money and become big stars. But New York is proving to be more dangerous than they both thought, because this is the 20s where prohibatiob is still in full swing. Letty wants to be an actress but Cordelia is searchig for her famous father. Enter Astrid Donal a flapper who befriends Cordelia and helps her find her way in the ways of the high class. But nothing is as ever good as it seems.
This was an extremely good book! I loved the characters the setting and so much more.

All of the characters were extremely likeable and I connected with all of the charcters. They were well written and extremely well developed. If I had to pick a favorite character I suppose I would pick Cordelia. She was the first one introduced to us and in my mind one if the most adventrous. I loved reading about her. Astrid and letty were just as enjoyable too. Astrid was a real charcters and I loved it when she said "darling" or some other 20's language. It was awesome. Letty was the more timid but she eventually found her voice, well for awhile at least.

When I saw on the front cover that one if the girls would die, I was immeadiatly heartbroken. Thankfully nothing too servere happened, but someone did die.

The guy characters were just as good and just as unique as the leading girls.

There was plenty of romance and plenty of action! The plot was quite good and I can't wait to see what happens in the next book. The ending wrapped the book up nicely but still left you dying for a sequel.
The era the book took place in was absouletly entrapping to me. The descriptions of dresses of New York were perfect and quite accurate.

All I have left to say is: Can I go live in the roarin' 20's!!!!?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater