Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Beautiful Darkness

HI!
Hope you are having a good Tuesday and can you believe November is already here!?

Title: Beautiful Darkness

Author: Kami Garcia and Margret Stohl

Rating: 5 stars

Review: Ethan Wate is growing further and further apart from his caster girlfriend, Lena.  All it seems she can do is act like someone entirely different than she is and avoid Ethan. Meanwhile, Ethan is trying to unravel secrets about himself, his mother, the caster world and about what is happening to Lena. But as Ethan tries to figure out what is going on with Lena, he starts to venture deeper into the tunnels that cross the South, Ethan gets way more than he bargained for.

Beautiful Darkness was a great book, that turned out to be even better than the first.

I do have to admit that it was pretty slow going in the beginning and I felt like I was just waiting for something to happen. And it didn't, not till about around page 200, if I am correct. That's when the real action started, when Ethan, Link and a new girl on the block, Liv started exploring the Tunnels. Ah the tunnels, I loved the tunnels, so unique, so great and full of dangers and mysterious, magical things. Which reminds me of the labyrinth  from Greek mythology built by Daedalus. Which then of course reminded me of Percy Jackson and The Battle of the labyrinth by Rick Riordan.

Does everyone know how much I love Link, Ethan's best friend??! I love him A LOT!!! He was even better in this book and what happened at the end....let's just say I was devastated. Do not worry though. Ethan was just as good too even though he can be just as emotional as a girl sometimes! Lena was soooo moody and if I was Ethan I wouldn't have put up with her. Well maybe not if I loved her as much as Ethan loved her! Lena was still a good, unique character that was just slightly annoying.

Ridley, Lena's cousin is becoming one of my favorite characters along with Liv.

The ending was surprising and I still don't think I know everything I want to know about the Caster World yet! I really want the 3rd book!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater