Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (66)

Hi everyone and happy Wednesday! Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine to show books we can't wait for!

This week's pick:
The Vicious Deep by Zoraida Cรณrdova
May 1, 2012


When an unnatural riptide sweeps lifeguard Tristan Hart out to sea for three days and then dumps him back on the shore of Coney Island, it’s the start of the Sea Court claiming its own. Suddenly, Tristan’s girlfriend dramas and swimming championship seem like distant worries as he discovers the truth: he’s a Merman. Now Tristan must fight for his life, the lives of his friends, and his humanity (if he still wants it), while competing in a race for a throne as ancient as the gods. 

Seductive, duplicitous, and with an agenda of their own, these are not the mermaids you know.



I love that last line: these are not the mermaids you know. I'm always up for a book that involves mermen, mermaids or other creatures of the sea. Plus, we have another male main character! Yay! I'm not a fan of the cover but it'll do. 

5 comments:

Mary @ BookSwarm said...

Ooh, haven't heard of this one but it sounds great--I like most mermaid books and since this is a merMAN...yay!

Lauren M said...

I'm reading a merman book right now, and I'm kind of meh on it. Hoping The Vicious Deep is much, much better! It sounds exciting. Great pick, Katie! :)

Library Kary said...

New follower here! I had never heard of this one, but it sounds really good! Here is my WoW if you'd like to follow back: http://theonceandfuturelibrarian.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-3.html

Lindsay Cummings author said...

i love all the different covers they've done with this book!

stop by my IMM?! I have a few picks this week.

http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-is-fun-meme.html

Christy @ TheReaderBee said...

This is the second WOW I've seen for this book! I'm definitely going to have to check it out. :) Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater