Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Mini Review: Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter

Today I'm doing a little "mini review" on a book I read recently and really liked!

Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter
Publishing on March 27, 2012 by Harlequin Teen
My Source: Harlequin Teen Panel

Kate Winters has won immortality. 

But if she wants a life in the Underworld with Henry, she’ll have to fight for it. 

Becoming immortal wasn’t supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she’s as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he’s becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate’s coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans. 

As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future. 

Henry’s first wife, Persephone.

Mini Review: Goddess Interrupted, the second book in The Goddess Test series, is a must read for fans  of the first book.

I loved The Goddess Test so I was more then a little excited to read this one! My only complainant about this one is the slow start. It took me awhile to get back into the book and into the character's minds again. But other than that minor complainant this turned out to be a great read!

Kate, the main character, is as feisty as ever. There were a few moments when I really wanted to slap some sense into her but she surprised me quite a few times during the book. Kate is such a strong character.

That ENDING was so intense and it really just blew me away. The ending of Goddess Interrupted almost makes up for the slow start in the beginning.

Goddess Interrupted is a fun, sometimes deep, read that is definitely worth picking up!


5 comments:

Lauren M said...

Psh, if the ending is amazing, I can definitely get through a slow start! I loved The Goddess Test, so I'm super excited to read the sequel! Glad to hear you enjoyed it. :)

Katie (The Literary Files) said...

I LOVE the idea of a mini review! Short, sweet and to the point! I'm definitely interested in this awesome ending and I'm happy to hear Kate is a strong character. Thanks for the review Katie! :)

Christy @ TheReaderBee said...

GAH! That ending about Killed me! I'm dying for the next book now... I can't believe we have to wait so long to get it! Great mini review!

Lisa said...

I liked the first book, but didn't fall in love with it. Now your mini review has me really excited to read the second book.

Anonymous said...

How did you get the second book? Cause i want it now!

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater