Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (65)

Hi all and happy Wednesday! Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine to showcase books we can't wait for!

This week's pick is:
Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock
May 8, 2012

Mackenzie and Amy were best friends. Until Amy was brutally murdered.

Since then, Mac’s life has been turned upside down. She is being haunted by Amy in her dreams, and an extremist group called the Trackers has come to Mac’s hometown of Hemlock to hunt down Amy’s killer: A white werewolf. 

Lupine syndrome—also known as the werewolf virus—is on the rise across the country. Many of the infected try to hide their symptoms, but bloodlust is not easy to control. 

Wanting desperately to put an end to her nightmares, Mac decides to investigate Amy’s murder herself. She discovers secrets lurking in the shadows of Hemlock, secrets about Amy’s boyfriend, Jason, her good pal Kyle, and especially her late best friend. Mac is thrown into a maelstrom of violence and betrayal that puts her life at risk. 

Kathleen Peacock’s thrilling novel is the first in the Hemlock trilogy, a spellbinding urban fantasy series filled with provocative questions about prejudice, trust, lies, and love.


First off, I really like the cover! The elaborate vines and flowers at the top are beautiful! But this is a mystery! A murder mystery! Those are my very favorite things. Plus, it sounds like there's a werewolf thing going on. I really don't think it can get any cooler than that! 

6 comments:

Lauren M said...

I am so excited for Hemlock! I think Kathleen Peacock is going to bring werewolves back in vogue. Woo! The mystery is intriguing.

Unknown said...

Oh I think that cover is absolutely divine too. and that story line an absolute must read. Thanks for the heads up.

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

OOOh that cover is gorgeous!!

Here's my WoW

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Unknown said...

That cover is gorgeous. I can't wait to read this.

Unknown said...

Hemlock is AMAZING!!! I seriously loved it SO much. Can't wait for it to come out so I can buy a second copy!

Mary @ BookSwarm said...

I'm so looking forward to this one. And, yes, the cover is quite gorgeous. Nice choice!

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater