Friday, October 28, 2011

What to Read (6)

SPOOKY BOOKS!
My opinion might be a little skewed in some places because I'm frightened of my own shadow. 
Frost by Marianna Baer freaked me out! It's a quick-paced read that had me on my toes. The cover is so perfect for the book!

Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake is filled with the perfect amount of gore, ghosts and just well-done spookiness! Anna Dressed in Blood definitely scared me.

Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann is a book you definitely don't want to read in the dark or at night. I did both. This is NOT recommended unless you want to scare yourself to death. Everything about this book creeped me out. McMann's writing style definitely added to the spook factor.

The Thirteenth Chime by Emma Michaels was simply written but it still managed to make me scared. Especially of Grandfather clocks. I have a Grandfather clock; it just chimed. Fortunately, I don't think that it's evil. :)

The Body Finder Series by Kimberly Derting is one of my favorite series of all time and it is downright scary. The Body Finder was especially creepy! Even the titles are eerie.

Spooky books I need to read:
These three are books I think are spooky/creepy. Correct me if I'm wrong but I really want to read these this Halloween season!


Possess by Gretchen McNeil
After Obsession by Carrie Jones & Steven E. Wedel
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. 

I NEED to get to all of these soon! Mara Dyer is at the top of the list.

3 comments:

Natalia Belikov said...

great post!!!! you mentioned some awesome books I have read and I totally agree that they are spooky! Specially ANna! XDDD

thanks for sharing!

http://dazzlingreads.blogspot.com

Lauren M said...

I completely agree! I did a video about creepy books on Wednesday, and I listed almost all of these! :P We have very similar taste, it seems! :)

Mary @ BookSwarm said...

Cryer's Cross totally freaked me out! Loved the creepy desk and the ghost aspect. And ANNA...what can I say? fab. Some great picks!

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater