Thursday, October 20, 2011

Illusions by Aprilynne Pike

Title: Illusions
Author: Aprilynne Pike
Publisher: Harper Collins
Publication Date: May 3, 2011
Source: Library

Summary: Laurel hasn't seen Tamani since she begged him to let her go last year. Though her heart still aches, Laurel is confident that David was the right choice.

But just as life is returning to normal, Laurel discovers that a hidden enemy lies in wait. Once again, Laurel must turn to Tamani to protect and guide her, for the danger that now threatens Avalon is one that no faerie thought would ever be possible. And for the first time, Laurel cannot be sure that her side will prevail.


Review: Illusions is the third book in the Wings series. I'd enjoyed the last two books but Spells just didn't live up to what I wanted in it. Illusions started a little like that but slowly it morphed into a fantastic book.

The main things that annoy me about this series are the characters. Laurel used to be someone that I liked, maybe even admired. But in this book she seemed annoying and a smidge of whiny. She was too indecisive of about the two love interests, Tamani and David. I felt like she lead both of them on. Plus David and Tam annoy me, too.

But the plot is what eventually captured me. I got wrapped up in the mystery of a new wild faerie in town. I just love learning new things about different worlds and creatures, like Avalon and faeries. Towards the end of Illusions there were so many twists and revelations. I was so happy! Some of the new things did confuse me and make me go, "What happened, I thought...."

I do love Pike's writing. I can't quite describe it but it seems a little bit lyrical, but simple. I'm not quite sure, but I really enjoy it.

Illusions ended up being a really good book. Even though the characters annoy me, Pike makes up for that in the plot and the writing. With the cliffhanger ending I can't wait for the last book!

Rating:

5 comments:

Christy @ TheReaderBee said...

I really need to start this series soon! I've heard really good things about it. :) Glad you enjoyed Illusions!

Natalia Belikov said...

aaaaaaah! I cant read your review bcs I havent read these books! shame on me! still I saw the 4 stars... holy!! I need more fearies right now!!! aaah!!! thanks for posting this and remind me that I need to get these books ;)

best!

dazzlingreads.blogspot.com

Lauren M said...

I still need to read Spells! Haha. Glad to hear Illusions was enjoyable. :)

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Hey Katie! Dropped you an email to say that you won a copy of Sojourn! In case the internet lost the email--which I've had it happen before--please drop me an email with your address and I'll get it out to you as soon as I can!

Anonymous said...

i had to read the book for an essea.. i loved it sooo much! it's kinda sad that I didnt read the other two books.. its such a good book! really, if you hassitate, just get the book you definatly wont regret it! :)

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater