Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (41)

Hi and Happy Wednesday! WoW is hosted by Breaking the Spine!

This week's pick is:
Fever by Lauren DeStefano
Febuaray 21, 2011

Rhine and Gabriel have escaped the mansion, but danger is never far behind.

Running away brings Rhine and Gabriel right into a trap, in the form of a twisted carnival whose ringmistress keeps watch over a menagerie of girls. Just as Rhine uncovers what plans await her, her fortune turns again. With Gabriel at her side, Rhine travels through an environment as grim as the one she left a year ago - surroundings that mirror her own feelings of fear and hopelessness.

The two are determined to get to Manhattan, to relative safety with Rhine’s twin brother, Rowan. But the road there is long and perilous - and in a world where young women only live to age twenty and young men die at twenty-five, time is precious. Worse still, they can’t seem to elude Rhine’s father-in-law, Vaughn, who is determined to bring Rhine back to the mansion...by any means necessary.

In the sequel to Lauren DeStefano’s harrowing Wither, Rhine must decide if freedom is worth the price - now that she has more to lose than ever.

Wither was amazing. I can only hope that Fever will live up to that! Rhine and Gabriel out in the world? Yes! It sounds gritty, scary and so interesting. I can't wait to read it!

5 comments:

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Seeing this one around a lot lately as well! Thought Wither was interesting, but not sure if I'll read this one yet. TBR pile is out of control!

Here's my WoW

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Mary @ BookSwarm said...

Wither was intriguing and I'm hoping Fever will bring more light to the disease & what's really going on. Great pick!

Lauren M said...

I'm really excited for this one, too! I didn't think Wither was quite as awesome as the hype was saying, but I'm still curious as to what happens next. :)
My WoW

La Toya said...

I thought Wither was great but was disappointed with the ending! I hope this book pulls me in as much as that one did :) What do you think of the cover?!

xo,
Lah @ LazyGirl Reads

Christy @ TheReaderBee said...

Ah! I still need to read Wither! I must do that soon. :) Great pick!

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater