Thursday, October 27, 2011

Fairy Bad Day by Amanda Ashby

Title: Fairy Bad Day
Author: Amanda Ashby
Publisher: Speak
Publication Date: June 9, 2011
Source: Bought


Summary: While most students at Burtonwood Academy get to kill demons and goblins, fifteen-year-old Emma gets to rid the world of little annoying fairies with glittery wings and a hipster fashion sense. She was destined to be a dragon slayer, but cute and charming Curtis stole her spot. Then she sees a giant killer fairy - and it's invisible to everyone but her! If Emma has any chance of stopping this evil fairy, she's going to need help. Unfortunately, the only person who can help is Curtis. And now, not only has he stolen her dragon-slayer spot, but maybe her heart as well! Why does she think it's going to be a fairy bad day?

Review: Fairy Bad Day is a cute paranormal book, especially if you're looking for something not so scary this Halloween season!

Emma and her friends, Tyler, Loni and Curtis were a joy to read about. They had so much snark and so many funny things to say. Tyler and all his hilarious betting comments always made me smile. Emma, our main character, is a relatable one. She's tough, funny and has some issues that other teens will be able to relate, too. Curtis is just a sweetheart.

Burtonwood, the slayer school, that all the characters go to was so awesome. Boarding schools are a favorite aspect of mine in books. It was nice to see a little bit of their slaying classes peek through when they weren't busy hunting down some faeries.

In Fairy Bad Day Emma gets assigned to fairy slayer while Curtis gets assigned to Emma's position as Dragon Slayer. Emma therefore considers him as her archenemy. Curtis and Emma's interactions were hilarious and always had me smiling as I watched their friendship morph into something more.

The only thing that I can find to complain about it Emma and Company's ability to pull of everything so well. And with such crazy antics! It was just a bunch of sophomores defeating the big dark fairy. It just seemed a little unbelievable.

Fairy Bad Day is a sweet paranormal with some skittle loving fairies and some great characters!


Rating:

8 comments:

Gianne said...

:D This sounds like an incredibly cute book! I definitely want to read this one. Thank you for your honest review.

Christy @ TheReaderBee said...

I've been really curious about this book! It sounds really interesting. :) I love snarky characters. lol! Glad you enjoyed it, despite it being a bit unbelievable. :) Thanks for sharing!

Lauren M said...

I love boarding school settings, too! Fairy Bad Day sounds cute! Glad to hear you enjoyed it. :)

Mary @ BookSwarm said...

Wasn't it cute? I loved the little fairies! And, yes, it was a bit unbelievable but I was willing to suspend my disbelief because it made me giggle.

Rant about your bad day said...

This post seems to really very interesting. It includes lot of inspiring words which have been helped me a lot.

cosplay costume said...

Perfect work you have done, this site is really cool with great info .

Eesti said...

I hadn't heard of this book before now but I'd probably have been put off by the part where there's fairies. (I'm slow and didn't work it out from the TITLE *rolls eyes at own slowness*) but by the time it got to that part in your review, this book sounded like so much fun that I still want to read it now.

website design company said...

Thanks for sharing. Thank you for the support of the blog owner.

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater