Friday, October 7, 2011

What to Read (3)

Hi all! Welcome to my new "thing" What to Read!

What to Read is a little post I'll do every Friday. It was started when a commenter asked me what my favorite Civil War books are. Obviously, I can't feature Civil War books each week but I can to a new topic...and this week's topic is:


DYSTOPIANS!
Ones I want to read, and ones I'd recommend!

Favorite Dystopians:
How could I not mention Delirium by Lauren Oliver! I LOVED this book when I read it. The concept of love being out-lawed is amazing. I can't wait for the second book!

Across the Universe by Beth Revis, is more sci-fi but still a dystopian to me. This book is out of this world, no pun intended. WOW!

Wither by Lauren DeStefano was such a sad read for me. The writing was beautiful and the characters were stellar.

Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky features a more than realistic topic. Seriously, read this book!

The Demon Trapper's Daughter by Jana Oliver is just pure action fun. I loved the characters, the setting and all the demons.

Divergent by Veronica Roth deserves only a few words. Mind-bending AMAZING!


DYSTOPIANS I CANNOT WAIT TO READ:

 Article 5 by Kristen Simmons
Fever by Lauren DeStefano
A Million Suns by Beth Revis
Insurgent by Veronica Roth


Have a great day!


 

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I've had Divergent and The Demon Trapper's Daughter on my shelf for a while but haven't got around to them yet. I've heard great things about both. I guess I'm going to have to move them up my TBR pile.

Lauren M said...

Yep, I agree with all of these! And I can't wait for the 2012 releases! Next year can't come soon enough! :)

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater