Friday, April 20, 2012

What to Read (21)


What to Read is just a little thing I like to do that features a slew of books from a certain genre. Sometimes I don't exactly do genres, but you get the gist!

Today I'm featuring:
Rainy Day Favorites
I don't know about your corner of the world but mine has just been slaughtered by rain the last few days. So I thought it'd be appropriate to list a few of my favorite rainy day reads! 

Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann
This is the perfect rainy day read. Mainly because it's so creepy. It has tons of cryptic chapters that will give you the chills. McMann's writing makes this one even better. 

She's So Dead to Us and He's So Not Worth It by Kieran Scott
If you 're looking for more for a contemporary read then I'd definitely recommend these. Especially if you're in the mood for a guilty pleasure read. These aren't pure fluff because they actually deal with some pretty serious issues, but they are SO good. 

Haunting Violet by Alyxandra Harvey
What's a rainy day without a great ghost story? Haunting Violet is by far one of the best ghost stories I've ever read. It can be creepy at times but mostly it's a good, fun read with lots of romance mixed in. And that's always a plus. 

The Book of Blood and Shadow by Robin Wasserman
This is actually a very recent read of mine but boy was it fantastic. If you want to lose yourself for a couple of days in an engrossing book then this is the one for you!

What are some of your favorite rainy day reads??

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I loved Haunting Violet! I should pick up Cryer's cross someday!

Lauren M said...

I've only read (and LOVED) the last two. I feel like I really should try a Kieran Scott book at some point...they sounds so fun! :)

Lisa said...

Cryer's Cross is the perfect rainy day read. With the mystery and the little bit of spookiness it's perfect to read while curled up with a blanket.

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater