Saturday, April 14, 2012

Blog Happenings (73)

Hi everyone! I hope your weekend if off to a great start!


READING:
I'm currently reading Cross My Heart by Sasha Gould. As you might know, the cover of Cross My Heart got redesigned and the cover that it released in is the one on the right. While I like the current cover because of it's darkness and shadows it doesn't have that historical fiction feel, in my opinion.

I feel like the old cover feels more true to the book. You can tell that's it's set in Venice and I love the colors. But that's just my preference! Which one do you like better? 

The actually book is very good so far. It's only about 240 pages long and I'm almost halfway through. I'm definitely curious to see where it will go! 

READ: 
Allegiance by Cayla Kluver: I thought this was a great sequel to Legacy, the first book!
Dead To You by Lisa McMann: I didn't think this one was as good as her previous books but it was still suspenseful.
Unraveling Isobel by Eileen Cook: I loved this one! It was creepy and hilarious!

TO READ:
The Book of Blood and Shadow by Robin Wasserman
The Springsweet by Saudra Mitchell

I think I'll probably be able to get both of these books done by next week! Maybe I'll even get The Immortal Rules started. I can't wait to read it! 

I've seen nothing but good things about The Book of Blood and Shadow. I'm a little hesitant to start it because of the length but I know it won't kill me! I loved The Vespertine and The Springsweet is the companion to it. I got it yesterday in the mail, I suppose the pre-orders shipped out early! 

I don't know if you can tell but I've been trying to balance out my galleys and books that I've bought in the past or new releases. It's actually working quite well. 

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! 



1 comments:

Lisa said...

I like the original cover better too. I feel like the new cover is like every other book out there but the original cover is unique and tells us something about the story.

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater