Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (74)

Hi everyone! Happy Wednesday! Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine to share books we can't wait to read!

This week's pick is:
Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard
July 24, 2012

There’s something strange and deadly loose in Philadelphia… 

Eleanor Fitt has a lot to worry about. Her brother has gone missing, her family has fallen on hard times, and her mother is determined to marry her off to any rich young man who walks by. But this is nothing compared to what she’s just read in the newspaper— 

The Dead are rising in Philadelphia. 

And then, in a frightening attack, a zombie delivers a letter to Eleanor…from her brother. 

Whoever is controlling the Dead army has taken her brother as well. If Eleanor is going to find him, she’ll have to venture into the lab of the notorious Spirit-Hunters, who protect the city from supernatural forces. But as Eleanor spends more time with the Spirit-Hunters, including their maddeningly stubborn yet handsome inventor, Daniel, the situation becomes dire. And now, not only is her reputation on the line, but her very life may hang in the balance.


I'm loving the sound of this one! There's zombies and it's set in Philadelphia in 1876 according to Goodreads! That totally made my day. I just love historical fiction-with zombies, of course. The cover is stunning, too. It's elegant but strangely creepy and very deadly. See what I did there? 

5 comments:

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Yeah this one sounds pretty good!!

Here's my WoW

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Patricia said...

Oooh, yes! Give me this book! : D

Patricia // My WOW

Lisa said...

I'm not a zombie fan, but this book does sound good + that cover rocks!

Jamie Mariano said...

The cover is GORGEOUS. I've haven't read many zombie books haha, great choice!

Here's my WoW :)

Giselle said...

I actually just read this last week! I liked it but I thought there would be more zombies. It's a pretty good steampunk paranormal book though!

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater