Thursday, April 5, 2012

Speed Date with Macy: The Truth about Forever by Sarah Dessen

Hi everyone, toady I'm doing something a little bit different. I'm participating in a thing called Speed Dating-with reviews. It's hosted by Mary over at The Book Swarm. The purpose is to tell your thoughts about the book in about 150 words. I think it's a fantastic idea! Go check out her blog to participate. 

Title: The Truth About Forever
Author: Sarah Dessen
Publisher: Penquin
Publication Date: 
Source: Library
Add to your shelves 


Summary: a long, hot summer... 

That's what Macy has to look forward to while her boyfriend, Jason, is away at Brain Camp. Days will be spent at a boring job in the library, evenings will be filled with vocabulary drills for the SATs, and spare time will be passed with her mother, the two of them sharing a silent grief at the traumatic loss of Macy's father. 

But sometimes unexpected things can happen—things such as the catering job at Wish, with its fun-loving, chaotic crew. Or her sister's project of renovating the neglected beach house, awakening long-buried memories. Things such as meeting Wes, a boy with a past, a taste for Truth-telling, and an amazing artistic talent, the kind of boy who could turn any girl's world upside down. As Macy ventures out of her shell, she begins to wonder, Is it really better to be safe than sorry?
Review: The Truth about Forever is one of my favorite Dessen books. It has so much in it that is just so lovable.


I instantly fell in love with Macy. She's a girl that's gone through so much, her father has died and her family life is a tad crazy. For some reason I just loved this aspect about Macy's family. It felt so real and broken. I loved it even more when Macy joined Wishbone Catering and met all these fantastic people. Now they made some great characters.

The romance has to be my favorite part of this entire book. Wes is amazing and he was definitely a part of Macy's healing process. Macy changes and develops a lot during the book. It's something that I can always expect out of Dessen books and I've come to love it.

The Truth about Forever has an engaging storyline, an unique and fun workplace and characters that you can actually care about. 


Rating:

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Blogger confession: I haven't read a single book by Sarah Dessen. *dies* I know! I can barely call myself a book blogger! I need to fix this situation asap, which Sarah Dessen book would you say is your favorite Katie?

Lauren M said...

Man, it's been SO long since I read The Truth About Forever. I remember loving it, though! I completely agree with you about Macy. Thanks for the quick review! :)
- Lauren

Mary @ BookSwarm said...

Oh, yeah! Macy! I remember this one--she was a great character. This *might* have been my first Sarah Dessen... Happy Speed Date! *clinks glasses* Cheers!

Lisa said...

I love Sarah Dessen. She is one of my favorite contemporary writers. Her characters are real, beautiful and flawed. It's the perfect combination!

Katie said...

I'd have to say this one and What Happened to Goodbye! I hadn't read any of her books this time last year, so don't feel bad!

Katie said...

Cheers Mary! :) I think my first Dessen was This Lullaby!

Katie said...

She's one of mine too! I love her characters to pieces!

Katie said...

Yaya for great characters! I just love Dessen books!

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater