Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (76)

Hi everyone! Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine to share books we can't wait for!

This week's pick is:

Two and Twenty Dark Tales: Dark Retellings of Mother Goose Rhymes edited by Michelle Zink and Georgia McBride
October 19, 2012


Nursery rhymes sung sweetly can take us back to childhood. But deep inside many of those childhood favorites is… a hint of something dark. TWO AND TWENTY DARK TALES: Dark Retellings of Mother Goose Rhymes imagines dark and sinister things amuck in Mother Goose-land. From familiar rhymes, to some of the more obscure, TWO AND TWENTY DARK TALES is a must read for anyone who enjoyed Mother Goose rhymes as a child, but has come to love the darkest of tales.


Do you see what this is about??! Mother Goose retellings! When I heard about this anthology I was ecstatic. I haven't read many anthologies in the first place but this one was just too good to pass up. Plus, there are some great authors, like Angie Frazier, Gretchen McNeil, Suzanne Young and on and on! Plus it's a charity anthology which makes it even better.

3 comments:

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Nice pick!! I saw postcards of this recently and it definitely piques my interest!

Here's my WoW

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Mary @ BookSwarm said...

Oh, yes! This one sounds really interesting and I'm curious to see what Georgia McBride and her new publishing company put out. Great pick!

Lisa said...

I didn't know that the proceeds of this book went to charity. That is awesome. I love that the authors donated their advances for this book as well. Amazing!

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater