Friday, September 30, 2011

What to read (2)

Hi all! Welcome to my new "thing" What to Read!

What to Read is a little post I'll do every Friday. It was started when a commenter asked me what my favorite Civil War books are. Obviously, I can't feature Civil War books each week but I can to a new topic...and this week's topic is:

CONTEMPORARIES!
Ones I want to read, and ones I'd recommend!

Favorite Contemps:


Well, anything by Sarah Dessen but these three are my favorite! These three are my favorites, though and I can't wait till she has a new book coming out!

Moonglass by Jessi Kirby is also an amazing contemp. I LOVE this book. The writing was amazing, the plot was slow yet engrossing and the characters made me feel all warm and smiley. I can't wait to read more from Kirby.
I read Fixing Delilah over the summer and I could not stop thinking about it. Sarah Ockler has amazing, amazing writing and the characters paired with her writing just shined.
Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson! I just feel so awesome whenever I think about this book. I felt such a special connection to the characters and the places they went. READ THIS!
How could I not mention this book!? I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! It doesn't come out till October 4, so watch for my review!
Other notable mentions: You Wish by Mandy Hubbard, so cute!
Flawless by Lara Chapman, adorable!
CONTEMPS I CANNOT WAIT TO READ:
Shut Out by Kody Keplinger (Already released)
In Honor by Jessi Kirby (May 2012)
Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson (May 2012)
Love and Leftovers (January 2012)
The Language of Impossible Dreams by Sarah Ockler (August 2012)
See a pattern of authors I like?!
That's all for me, what are some of your favorite contemps? Let me know, I'm always looking for more books to read!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I love Sarah Dessen. I think she is one of the best (if not the best) contemporary writers. Her characters are amazing. Another contemporary writer I love is Melina Marchetta. She is another one that has the most realistic characters that deal with common issues.

Lauren M said...

You can't go wrong with Sarah Dessen! I loved Moonglass and Past Perfect, too. :) Thanks for the recommendations!

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater