Monday, September 12, 2011

Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake

Title: Anna Dressed in Blood
Author: Kendare Blake
Publisher: Tor Teen
Publication Date: August 30, 2011
Source: Bought

Summary: Cas Lowood has inherited an unusual vocation: He kills the dead.

So did his father before him, until he was gruesomely murdered by a ghost he sought to kill. Now, armed with his father's mysterious and deadly athame, Cas travels the country with his kitchen-witch mother and their spirit-sniffing cat. Together they follow legends and local lore, trying to keep up with the murderous dead—keeping pesky things like the future and friends at bay.

When they arrive in a new town in search of a ghost the locals call Anna Dressed in Blood, Cas doesn't expect anything outside of the ordinary: track, hunt, kill. What he finds instead is a girl entangled in curses and rage, a ghost like he's never faced before. She still wears the dress she wore on the day of her brutal murder in 1958: once white, now stained red and dripping with blood. Since her death, Anna has killed any and every person who has dared to step into the deserted Victorian she used to call home.

But she, for whatever reason, spares Cas's life.

Review: Oh, WOW! Anna Dressed in Blood left me speechless, it left me creeped out, but it definitely left a lasting impression on me. One of the main things I can say about it is that I NEED more Anna and Cas!

Cas was such a refreshing narrator. Blake gave him a realistic voice that I always enjoyed reading and couldn't wait to come back to. He and the side characters were fully fleshed out and I always wanted more of them. I have this certain respect for Anna...she was so tormented and just awesome!!

The storyline was a bonus to an already amazing book. I was kept on my toes and I had my fair share of "OMG, there is a ghost in my house and its going to kill me!!" But I don't think it will give you nightmares...I'm particularly skittish. Cas is an amazing ghost hunter and I feel that he really shines when he hunts.

I LOVED the story behind Anna and her "curse." Trust me, you want to know...it was intense to have to wait for it and to just witness it.

Anna Dressed in Blood is a book you cannot miss. I loved everything about it and I'm looking forward to the sequel and many more books from Blake.

P.S. I need more Anna and Cas!!

Rating:

3 comments:

Bex said...

Great review! My own copy of Anna just arrived today, so I'm picking it up tonight! I seriously cannot wait, it seems extremely good.

Rebecca
Kindle Fever

Lauren M said...

I love, love, loved this book! So glad to hear you did, too. Fab review, Katie! :)

Christy @ TheReaderBee said...

Ah! This book is so amazing! I loved it! Cas and Anna are seriously my most favorite couple ever. I hope we get to see another book, and soon!

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater