Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (35)

Hi and Happy WoW!
Hosted by Breaking the Spine!

This week's pick is:
Love and Leftovers by Sarah Tregay
January 1, 2012

My wish
is to fall
cranium over Converse
in dizzy, daydream-worthy
love.

When her parents split, Marcie is dragged from Idaho to a family summerhouse in New Hampshire. She leaves behind her friends, a group of freaks and geeks called the Leftovers, including her emo-rocker boyfriend, and her father.

By the time Labor Day rolls around, Marcie suspects this "vacation" has become permanent. She starts at a new school where a cute boy brings her breakfast and a new romance heats up. But understanding love, especially when you've watched your parents' affections end, is elusive. What does it feel like, really? can you even know it until you've lost it?

Love and Leftovers is a beautifully written story of one girl’s journey navigating family, friends, and love, and a compelling and sexy read that teens will gobble up whole.


Doesn't this sound so cute yet so heartfelt! And it's written in verse, if I've heard correctly! YAY for verse! Plus there's a romance, it couldn't get any better than that, right?!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I was instantly drawn to this story but the cover of this book. I just love it. It's simple and fun!

Lauren M said...

This does sound really cute! I'm not the biggest fan of books in verse, but...I don't think I'll be able to resist Love and Leftovers! :)

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Haven't heard of this one, yet I don't read contemporary books anymore really. But regardless, hope you LOVE it once it releases!!

Here's my WoW

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Mary @ BookSwarm said...

I love "cute" books -- they're such awesome brain candy. Great pick.

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater