Saturday, September 24, 2011

Blog Happenings (38)

Hi all and happy weekend!

This week has been super busy for me...it's homecoming week and it's just go, go, GO! Thankfully that all ends tonight. Though, it has been fun!

But onto the books....

READING:

Past Perfect by Leila Sales and The Pledge by Kimberly Derting.
I'm LOVING Past Perfect, who wouldn't want to live in a town like that? A Colonial town and a Civil War reenactment place. I don't care if they hate each other, it's awesome! If you don't know what I'm talking about well...it comes out on the 4th!

Ah....The Pledge. I'm about a third done and I'm still not grabbed. Come on Derting, don't fail me!

READ SINCE LAST POST:
 Eve by Anna Carey, I'm a little mixed but it was still a good book!
The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa...WOW! That's all I have to say.

Still not reading much but I'm trying.

TO READ:
Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard
The Juliet Spell by Douglas Rees
Illusions by Aprilynne Pike

BOOK NEWS: RANDOM STUFF
Hmm...I don't know. Actually I do but I want to share something with you first.

Yesterday in the mail I got....Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. Let's just say lots of jumping up and down ensued. EEEEK! I can't wait to start it!

Did you know that Tempest by Julie Cross is on Netgalley?! I was so excited when I saw it!

I wanted to share this with you all in case you hadn't seen it yet.



After their long summer apart, Ally and Jake were hoping for a drama free senior year. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like things will work out that way...again. — It turns out that Chloe is pregnant and says that Jake is the father. Hammond is pissed at his best friend, but mostly can't believe that Ally would stay with Jake. But Ally is tired of being apart from Jake and is willing to make it work. But that is easier said than done when Jake starts blowing Ally off to go to doctor's appointments with Chloe and Ally joins the school play and meets a new cute guy.

But as graduation approaches, things get more complicated as new secrets come out and Ally realizes maybe Jake isn't the guy she thought he was. After everything they've been through can Ally and Jake get out of Orchard Hill with their relationship in tact?

I LOVE this series but I think this seems a little over dramatic. I will read it anyway because I absolutely love the characters. And look at the cover, baby bottles and toys? SO not cool.

Then I saw that Cat Patrick, author of Forgotten, is coming out with a new book.

Revived is about...
A riveting thriller about "the God Project," a hush‐hush government program that is testing a controversial drug that can bring people back from the dead.


That's all for me today, see you tomorrow for IMM!





1 comments:

Lauren M said...

I felt similarly about The Pledge. It was just tough to fully get into! Past Perfect, on the other hand, was FANTASTIC! Glad to see you enjoyed it, too! :)

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater