Monday, July 4, 2011

A Need So Beautiful by Suzanne Young

Title: A Need So Beautiful
Author: Suzanne Young
Publisher: Balzer and Bray
Publication Date: June 21, 2011
Source: Bought

Summary: We all want to be remembered. Charlotte's destiny is to be Forgotten...

Charlotte’s best friend thinks Charlotte might be psychic. Her boyfriend thinks she’s cheating on him. But Charlotte knows what’s really wrong: She is one of the Forgotten, a kind of angel on earth, who feels the Need—a powerful, uncontrollable draw to help someone, usually a stranger.

But Charlotte never wanted this responsibility. What she wants is to help her best friend, whose life is spiraling out of control. She wants to lie in her boyfriend's arms forever. But as the Need grows stronger, it begins to take a dangerous toll on Charlotte. And who she was, is, and will become--her mark on this earth, her very existence--is in jeopardy of disappearing completely.
Charlotte will be forced to choose: Should she embrace her fate as a Forgotten, a fate that promises to rip her from the lives of those she loves forever? Or is she willing to fight against her destiny--no matter how dark the consequences.

Review: Have you ever got into that reading slump, where you read a bunch of pretty good books but you wished they were better? That happened to me. And then I read A Need So Beautiful. And I was absolutely stunned.

I fell in love with this book. With its unique mythology, crazy intense writing, and lovable characters. A Need So Beautiful won on so many fronts.

The whole reading experience was just amazing. I was captured in the story, it didn't want to let me go. It was so emotional, you could just tell that so much was put into the writing of this book. And it had an great turn out.

Charlotte was indescribable. I felt all her pain, all her happiness. She makes me want to cry just thinking about her. And that is powerful. And she can the sweetest romance with Harlin. Now he is a boy to swoon over! And don't even get my started on the mythology and the uniqueness of it. You'll just have to experience it yourself!

I want that sequel now! I know it will be just as stunning.

Rating:

Oh by the way, Happy 4th of July to all my American readers! The 4th is one of my favorite holidays!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater