Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Iron King

Title: The Iron King
Author: Julie Kagawa
Publisher: Harliquen Teen
Publication Date: February 1, 2010 
Source: Bought

Summary: Meghan Chase has a secret destiny; one she could never have imagined.


Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school or at home.

When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.

But she could never have guessed the truth - that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face; and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.

Review: Why in the world did I wait so, so long to read this? I was so hesitant to read it because it had so many rave reviews...and so many bad ones. But let me tell you, this is going to be a rave review!

I do admit, I though the beginning was slow. But once we were in the Nevernever and having tons of awesome faery action I was won over. And I was reading a really, really great book!

The Iron King is a page turner with the greatest unique mythology. I don't think I've read a book with faeries in about 9 months because the mythology is just the same old. And at first it seem like this had that too but as the book progressed and I was turning those pages faster and faster...it just got better and better. And the mythology too!

Meghan was an admirable young girl. I loved watching her escapades with Puck, who was just hilarious and Ash, the total heart throb, and last but not least a fantastic cat. Who I just have to have a paperweight of...would you like to see a picture? If someone asks I'll post it!

There really isn't a great or even a plausible reason to why I put off reading this one. All I know is that I will read anything by Julie Kagawa now! And plus I want more Ash!!

Rating:

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to see a picture! *Phae

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater