Monday, July 18, 2011

The Liar Society by Lisa and Laura Roecker

Title: The Liar Society
Author: Lisa and Laura Roecker
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Publication Date: March 1, 2011
Source: Bought

Summary: Kate Lowry didn't think dead best friends could send e-mails. But when she gets an e-mail from Grace, she’s not so sure.


To: KateLowry@pemberlybrown.edu

Sent: Sun 9/14 11:59 PM

From: GraceLee@pemberlybrown.edu

Subject: (no subject)

Kate,
I'm here…
sort of.
Find Cameron.
He knows.
I shouldn't be writing.
Don't tell.
They'll hurt you.

Now Kate has no choice but to prove once and for all that Grace’s death was more than just a tragic accident. But secrets haunt the halls of her elite private school. Secrets people will do anything to protect. Even if it means getting rid of the girl trying to solve a murder...

Review: I don't know how many times I've said this but I LOVE mysteries. And this book was really good too!

Kate is Spunk. She was funny and snarky. And she was going through a lot. Even though her best friend died over a year ago, she's still very broken. Roeckers' portrayal of Kate seemed truthful and realistic to me. But, thankfully, she wasn't all drab. She could a risk taker and a dare devil...and she wasn't afraid to uncover her friend's death.

The mystery was all bells and whistles, if that makes sense! The mystery was so well written and was chock full of secrets and so many twists and turns. The Liar Society kept me guessing on every page. The mystery aspect was probably the one thing that I loved most about this book.

There were some small aspects of the book that I didn't like, but they were little things!

Plus there were a hot boy! YAY! There wasn't that much romance but at least it wasn't insta-love. The romance developed slowly and was believable. I hope it's fleshed out more in the next book because I can't wait to see what happens.

The ending, to me, did not give very much closure. It didn't even feel like a cliff hanger but it just wasn't satisfying!

Overall, a good mystery with snarky characters and some killer secrets!
Rating:

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I love when the authors make characters that are realistic; it's also fun when they have so spunk to them.

Christy @ TheReaderBee said...

I really want to read this! I really love spunky main characters, and I love it even more then there are hot boys! :) I need to see if our library has this in yet. :) Thanks for sharing!

Raimy from Readaraptor Hatchling said...

I really cant wait to get this one! I need it so badly! Thanks for the great review!

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater