Monday, April 18, 2011

It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han

Title: It's Not Summer Without You
Author: Jenny Han
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Publication Date: April 27, 2010
Source: Bought

Summary: Last year, all of Belly’s dreams came true and the thought of missing a summer in Cousins Beach was inconceivable. But like the rise and fall of the ocean tide, things can change--  just like that. Suddenly the time she's always looked forward to most is something she dreads. And when Jeremiah calls to say Conrad has disappeared, Belly must decide how she will spend this summer: chasing after the boy she loves, or finally letting him go.

Review: Wow! The Summer Series is just plain amazing!

It's Not Summer Without You was another whirlwind of emotions for Belly and for me. There is something so great about this series that just makes me want to read it. They are addicting and hard to put down.

Belly is one of my all time favorite characters. She has such a unique voice that I love reading. I can feel her emotions and understand her dilemmas. She'll always have a special place with me and on my bookshelf.

The only thing that frustrated me about this book is the boys, Jeremiah and Conrad. Both of them were just stupid. And ugh, they made me so angry. Especially Conrad. Does he not realize how much he hurts Belly?! I still love him though.

There were a couple a chapters in Jeremiah's point of view. It was an extremely nice touch and well done. I loved getting inside his head.

As for the plot, all the Summer books meld into one so I can't really say anything too great about it other than it was...great!

So who do I think she'll pick in the last book? Conrad. I've been on Team Conrad all the way from the beginning but I just have this little feeling that Belly will pick him. Jeremiah is too silly, for lack of a better word. I love him but I don't think he is right for Belly. OK, how about I just say I want Belly to pick whoever she picks! Though I do have a feeling it will be Conrad.

Just read this series!

Rating:

1 comments:

Lisa said...

I've heard such great things about this series. I can't wait to read it.

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater