Friday, December 16, 2011

What to Read (12)

Hi everyone!
What to Read is just a little thing I like to do that features a slew of books from a certain genre. Sometimes I don't exactly do genres, but you get the gist!


Today I'm featuring:

FANTASY!
Fantasy is a very interesting genre. I don't think I read much of what you would consider high fantasy or even fantasy. But these are my favorite fantasy books. So, faerie books!

The Faerie Ring by Kiki Hamilton:WOW! I just finished this book last night and I was absoluetly blown away. Hamilton has such a awesome writing style. But obviously this isn't about writing so they are faeries. These faeries are evil and just impressive. Expect a review on Monday!

The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa: This series is one of my favorites. After reading all the books, they are just about my favorite books in the fantasy genre. The faeries in this series are absouletely amazing. Other than the faeries the characters and the plot line are stunning.

The Wonderous Strange series: I've only read the first one but I really liked it at the time I read it, about a year ago. I've been meaning to read the rest of the series, just because the faerie lore is so unique.

The Wings Series by Aprilynne Pike: Sometimes these books can be a little iffy in terms of characters but the faeries are suberbly done. I just love the faery world in these books!

Honorable Mentions: Paranormalcy series by Kiersten White, I LOVE this series. It does have faeries in it just I consider is more paranormal, obviously.


What are some of YOUR favorite fantasy books? Leave a comment, I need some new recommendations! :)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I enjoy some fantasy like The Iron Fae series, but I'm not a huge high fantasy person.

Lauren M said...

Ooh, I'd forgotten about the Wondrous Strange series! I think I read the first one and really liked it. I still need to read the Iron Fey series... :P

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater