Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Favorite Main Characters of 2011

I was originally going to do a review today but then I decided to do something special because it is the last week of 2011. Tomorrow will be a Waiting on Wednesday and Thursday will be another top ten list. Friday will be a What to Read. On the second the blog will go back to regular programming. I apologize that this is so late, I couldn't get the internet to work...
Top Ten Main Characters of 2011

  1. Saba from Blood Red Road by Moira Young- Saba is a strong (aka stubborn) heroine who can hold her own in a fight. She's flawed but in a lovable way. She definitely amazes me.
  2. Camille from The Eternal Sea by Angie Frazier-Camille has a lot on her plate, she has to undo some ancient curses, but she always manages to stay strong. She's a very relatable character for being in a historical time period.
  3. Clara from Unearthly by Cynthia Hand-Clara is just an amazing character. She isn't afraid to do what she thinks is right and she blew me away in Unearthly. She makes you love her.
  4. Tris from Divergent by Veronica Roth-Tris is one word: amazing. She's a lot of other things too but I just admire her for her strength and for being so brave.
  5. Juliette from Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi-Juliette has some serious guts. She's lovable plus she's been through so much and still manages to survive.
  6. Carmen from Virtuosity by Jessica Martinez-Carmen is so amazing. What she did in Virtuosity blew me away. She's an incredible character.
  7. Emerson from Hourglass by Myra McEntire-Em is so snarky and funny and just a lot of fun. Like all my favorite main characters she's been through a lot but still manges to come out on top.
  8. Violet from Haunting Violet by Alyxandra Harvey-First of all, Violet can see ghosts and lives in the past. She's also sweet but gets into a lot of trouble. Which I love!
  9. Lola from Lola and the Boy Next Door-I almost forgot Lola! Lola is a crazy dresser that manages to steal your heart from page one. She and Cricket are amazing.
  10. Cam from The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder-Cam is a fantastic main character. She's a great girl that has a protective shell around her but really is as awesome as can be.








3 comments:

Lauren M said...

I haven't read The Eternal Sea, but otherwise I COMPLETELY agree with your choices! All of those heroines are amazing. :)

Mary @ BookSwarm said...

LOVE this list! Besides just some great books, there were some awesome heroines out there. Saba, Tris, Carmen, Juliette...love those chicks!

Christy @ TheReaderBee said...

Great list! I love a few of the same characters; Juliette, Lola, Violet and Clara! I still need to read the rest of the books. :) Great post!

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater