Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Midnight Tunnel: A Suzanna Snow Mystery

Title: The Midnight Tunnel: A Suzanna Snow Mystery
Author: Angie Frazier
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Publication Date: March 1, 2011
Source: Bought

Summary: A mysterious adventure of self-discovery that reveals shocking secrets!


It is 1905 and young Suzanna works at her family's inn in Loch Harbor, New Brunswick, where she is trained to be a well-mannered hostess and a charming lady. Suzanna has other ideas for her future--she wants to be a detective. When a young guest goes missing on a stormy summer night, Suzanna's famous detective uncle, and idol, comes to solve the case. But Suzanna learns that not everything is as it seems. With a little help from her friends, can she solve the mystery of the missing girl before her uncle gives up?

Review: The Midnight Tunnel was an absolutely amazing book. I would have never picked it up if I hadn't loved Everlasting, her previous book. I'm not a fan of middle grade novels, but this…this was just awesome.

Suzanna or Zanna, as she likes to be called, was just as great as the book its self. She was such a feisty girl and so likable. I loved how she wrote things down in her notebook and then referred back to them later to solve the mystery. Oh, Zanna is my kind of girl! And she had such a unique voice!

One of my favorite things about this book was that it wasn't toned, or dumbed down for middle grade readers. And I love that when authors write.

I could just go nuts about the mystery. It was SO good! I took me awhile to figure things out, seriously Zanna is smarter than I am. And the mystery was very complex, and kept you engaged the entire book. It was so surprising when it was resolved, I did not expect anything about this book.
All I can say is Angie Frazier scores again! I will always read her books, no matter what. And I can't wait to see what Suzanna Snow does next. She will always be welcome.
 
Rating:
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater