Monday, March 21, 2011

The Charmed Return by Frewin Jones

Title: The Charmed Return (Faerie Path #6)
Author: Frewin Jones
Publiser: Harper Teen
Publication Date: Januaray 25, 2011
Source: Library


Summary: The thrilling conclusion to the Faerie Path series, in which Tania, the long-lost princess of Faerie, ultimately must choose between her two worlds.
She was once a princess of Faerie, the seventh daughter of King Oberon. But sixteen-year-old Anita Palmer wakes up in London with no memory of the Faerie Realm; her princess identity; her true love, Edric; or her quest to save Faerie from a deadly plague that ravaged it. Anita must reawaken Tania, her Faerie self…but how? And who can she trust when not even her memories are safe? Her quest leads to a thrilling final battle, with her own destiny—as well as the fate of both Faerie and the Mortal World—at stake.

Review: The Charmed Return is the last book in the Faerie Path Series and while I'm a touch sad to see it go, I'm glad it's over.


The Charmed Return, if I recall right, is not as good as its predecessors. Maybe my reading level or expectations weren't as high as they are now, but I still remember loving them. I didn't come very close to loving this one at all, liking it a little would be more accurate.

I felt very distant from all the characters, especially Tania. It felt like I was reading about characters I barely knew, they were just characters in a book, and I don't encounter that too often.

And the plot was, well, boring. It was hard to stick with and hard to get into. Also some of the things the characters said annoyed me, I know that they're across the pond but I really don't think people say things like "far out." If I remember correctly what one character said!

I'm not going to make this review too long because no one needs me to complain too much but just know that this was a semi-likable ending to a good series.
Rating:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater