Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

Title: My Life Next Door
Author: Huntley Fitzpatrick
Publisher: Dial
Publication Date: June 14, 2012
Source: Bought
Add to your shelves 


Summary: “One thing my mother never knew, and would disapprove of most of all, was that I watched the Garretts. All the time.”

The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, numerous, messy, affectionate. And every day from her balcony perch, seventeen-year-old Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them . . . until one summer evening, Jase Garrett climbs her terrace and changes everything. As the two fall fiercely in love, Jase's family makes Samantha one of their own. Then in an instant, the bottom drops out of her world and she is suddenly faced with an impossible decision. Which perfect family will save her? Or is it time she saved herself?

A dreamy summer read, full of characters who stay with you long after the story is over.

Review: From the second that I started reading My Life Next Door, I knew that I had something absoluetely amazing in my hands. That thought stayed with me and grew throughout this whole book. My Life Next Door is a gem of a book. And when it ended I automatically thought of re-reading this perfect book.


My favorite part of My Life Next Door has got to be the characters. Samantha was so amazing. I admired her in every way possible. She was strong, brave and had a fantastic voice. Her little comments throughout the story always had me cracking up. And Jase, well he was almost even better. He's absolutely adorable and the absolute perfection gentlemen. Jase and Samantha's romance will have you feeling warm and fuzzy inside, in the best possible way.


 If amazing main characters weren't enough the supporting characters are just as wonderful. I don't think I've seen supporting characters that were this well written in forever. Everyone of them makes an impact on the book.

There's even a twist in the middle of the book that I never saw coming. And when that event comes reader's hearts will be pounding because you just care so much for the characters in My Life Next Door.

I know that My Life Next Door is now one of my favorite reads of all time. It has all the components of a great book: romance, fantastic, three-dimensional characters you care about and a well thought out story line. And with all those blended together it makes My Life Next Door one brilliant read.


Rating: Stars to infinity and beyond

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow not only great characters and romance, but also awesome supporting characters...this sounds like the perfect read.

Mary @ BookSwarm said...

I love when ALL the characters are well-written and come alive for the reader. Such a rare gift when that happens.

Anonymous said...

I saw this in the bookstore yesterday and was so close to snagging it. Now I wish I had! It sounds awesome!

Jenny

Caliowin said...

I really want this book. I've just added it to my list of 'books to buy' that resides on my desktop. Sadly funds are horrifically low currently.

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater