Thursday, February 3, 2011

Mini Review: Going too Far

HI!
No I'm still not back. Just thought I'd entertain you with a Mini Review!


Summary:
All Meg has ever wanted is to get away. Away from high school. Away from her backwater town. Away from her parents who seem determined to keep her imprisoned in their dead-end lives. But one crazy evening involving a dare and forbidden railroad tracks, she goes way too far...and almost doesn’t make it back.
John made a choice to stay. To enforce the rules. To serve and protect. He has nothing but contempt for what he sees as childish rebellion, and he wants to teach Meg a lesson she won’t soon forget. But Meg pushes him to the limit by questioning everything he learned at the police academy. And when he pushes back, demanding to know why she won’t be tied down, they will drive each other to the edge—and over...

Review: This is one crazy book! But I ended up liking it a lot.

I would say this book is really not in my comfort zone at all. It is way out there and I probably wouldn't have picked it up (well the e-book), if I hadn't seen reviews on some of my favorite blogs for it. It turned out to be really good but it isn't one of my favorites.

Meg was a character I really didn't understand. The choices she made and the things she did were so different that anything I have done or will do. It was interesting to read about a character that was so unlike me. But I was glad to figure out that she has a somewhat plausible answer for her reckless behavior. I did like her blue hair though!

John was a fun guy. Well I wouldn't say he was actually fun but it was fun reading about his character. I have a soft spot for law enforcement, something about their uniforms! But he was just as messed up as Meg was and I was so happy that they both helped each other in everything that needed to be helped. Sorry but I don't want to give too much away!

The plot was so-so but it was still enjoyable.

Rating:

1 comments:

Lisa said...

I haven't heard of this book yet, but it sounds intriguing. I love the push-n-shove between characters.

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater