Saturday, February 5, 2011

Mini Review: Aurelia

Hi!
Happy Saturday and no I don't think I'm back yet!


Summary:
Princess Aurelia is next in line to rule the kingdom of Tyralt, but she would rather be one of the common folk, free to learn and roam and . . . not marry the next tyrannical prince that comes courting. Naturally, the king wants Aurelia to marry for political power. Aurelia wants to marry for love. And someone in the kingdom wants her . . . dead. Assigned to investigate and protect Aurelia is Robert, the son of the king’s former royal spy and one of Aurelia’s oldest friends. As Aurelia and Robert slowly uncover clues as to who is threatening her, their friendship turns to romance. With everything possible on the line—her life, her kingdom, her heart—Aurelia is forced to take matters into her own hands, no matter the cost.

Review:
When I read Aurelia I absolutely fell in love with this book and with everything about it!

The only negative things I can drudge up about this book is that, at first I was a little confused and everything was a little slow. But then things sped up and was wonderful from there.

One of my favorite things about this book is that Aurelia is going to be assassinated. And she and Robert, who I will talk about later, have to figure out whodunit. And I was surprised with the resolve of the mystery. I really did not see the ending coming.

The characters were nicely developed and I really liked Aurelia. She isn't some sissy figure who can't do anything without help. And Robert is just great. Such a sweet heart! I just wish there had been a little more romance between the two. But there was enough to satisfy me thankfully.

I'm very anxious to see what happens next with Aurelia and Robert in the upcoming sequel, Exile which releases April 28, I believe.

And I'm so happy April is almost here. I read this book about a year ago!

Rating:


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater