Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann

HI  Everyone!
Happy Tuesday

Title: Cryer's Cross
Author: Lisa McMann
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Publication Date: Febuaray 8
Received from: Simon and Schuster Galley Grab

Summary:

The community of Cryer’s Cross, Montana (population 212) is distraught when high school freshman Tiffany disappears without a trace. Already off-balance due to her OCD, 16-year-old Kendall is freaked out seeing Tiffany’s empty desk in the one-room school house, but somehow life goes on... until Kendall's boyfriend Nico also disappears, and also without a trace. Now the town is in a panic. Alone in her depression and with her OCD at an all-time high, Kendall notices something that connects Nico and Tiffany: they both sat at the same desk. She knows it's crazy, but Kendall finds herself drawn to the desk, dreaming of Nico and wondering if maybe she, too, will disappear...and whether that would be so bad. Then she begins receiving graffiti messages on the desk from someone who can only be Nico. Can he possibly be alive somewhere? Where is he? And how can Kendall help him? The only person who believes her is Jacian, the new guy she finds irritating...and attractive. As Kendall and Jacian grow closer, Kendall digs deeper into Nico's mysterious disappearance only to stumble upon some ugly—and deadly—local history. Kendall is about to find out just how far the townspeople will go to keep their secrets buried.

Review:
This book was awesome, it was amazing, it was just plain great. I could probably go on, but no one needs to hear all my adjectives for this books!

I was immediately drawn into this book. Why? The mystery surrounding Kendall's classmate and Kendall herself. Kendall was a great character and I love hearing her thoughts and it gave me insight about what is was like to be OCD. It doesn't play a huge role in the book, but you know it's there. Plus Kendall was  relatable and she was real. And lovable.

I'm really loving Lisa McMann's writing style. I didn't really love it before but now I'm a huge fan. Of her and all her books.

Anyway, there was so much suspense, and I was seriously creeped out by everything about The Desk. I don't get scared that easily (OK.. I scare easily) but this literally had me looking everywhere seeing if some desk was creeping up behind me and trying to...OK never mind but you get my point. But being creepy was absolutely awesome.

I loved the supporting characters, like Jacian, Jacian and Jacian. What a great guy! Now that's all I'm going to say about that lovely addition to the novel.

And I was kept guessing to the very end, I had no clue what was going to happen!

This is my new favorite book, so I definitely think you should go read it because it comes out today!

Rating:

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for a great review. I'm halfway through. Now I'll have to finish it. It sounds fantastic.

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater